Is it a SIN to Vote for
This website is designed for conservative, Bible-believing Christians who believe their choices in the voting booth on November 4 should conform to Biblical principles. It attempts to persuade Christians to change their vote from the Republican incumbent to the Libertarian Party candidate, Kevin Craig. This message cannot be condensed into a bumper-sticker or a 7-second soundbite.
The Declaration of Independence says that America's Founding Fathers risked "our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor." Surely you can invest 10 or 15 minutes to study the candidates for United States House of Representatives, the body with the power to bring disaster to America, or restore her greatness.
The issues America faces in 2008 are serious, perhaps more serious than those in 1776. Those who spent a fearful winter at Valley Forge would condemn those who say "ignorance is bliss" or "I always vote Republican."
[This website was created in 2006 and has not been extensively updated. Nothing has really changed. By voting for "the bailout," Roy Blunt voted to take more than $2,000 from every man, woman and child in America and give the money to greedy, irresponsible investors.]
What is a "Sin?"
- A "sin" is an act or thought that does not please God.
- A "sin" will be punished by "the Supreme Judge of the World."
- Is Roy Blunt a Bad Guy?
- You would have a nice time out on a lake fishing with Roy Blunt.
- But Roy Blunt voted to take more than $2,000 from every man, woman and child in America and give the money to greedy, irresponsible investors. The men who signed the Declaration of Independence would say that Roy Blunt was a "tyrant." (But then, America's Founding Fathers were just a bunch of alarmists, extremists, and radicals.)
- Is the Mere Act of Voting All that Important?
- Every action is important. It's a chance to do something noble, or it's a moment to waste. Guess which one pleases God?
- Thousands of Republicans may very well stay home on Election Day because they're dissatisfied with Republicans who look an awful lot like Democrats:
- • Republican leaders who ignore the clear will of the people not to bailout Wall Street;
- • Republicans who have presided over the biggest increases in federal spending in generations,
- • Republicans who are content to watch American sovereignty be seized by International World "Trade" Organizations and merge the United States, Mexico, and Canada into a "North American Union."
- Staying at home means missing an opportunity to send a powerful message to Congress by voting for Kevin Craig, the Libertarian Candidate whose campaign motto is "LIBERTY UNDER GOD," and who, as a Libertarian, would consistently and relentlessly vote against every tax increase, all "pork," every budget expansion, and every intrusion into your home, your computer, your medical records, your banking records, your constitutional rights, and your values -- even under the pretext of fighting "terror."
- Both the Republican and Democrat candidates in this year's race have failed to inspire party members. The incumbent is going to win no matter how you vote: why not make a bold statement in favor of "LIBERTY UNDER GOD" by voting Libertarian?
- This website is designed to wake up Republicans and Christians, get them thinking, and motivate them to use their vote to promote Biblical values rather than a "double-minded" political party.
- When most people hear the question "Is it a SIN to Vote for Roy Blunt," several questions immediately come to mind, and if you keep reading, we'll cover them all:
- How do you define "sin?"
- Every person who signed the Constitution in 1787 knew how to answer this question, because they were taught the Westminster Shorter Catechism when they were young. Click here for the answer.
- Is God going to say "You SINNED!" just because of how I voted?
- It only takes a moment of thought to see that your vote carries with it great responsibility. You will be held accountable. Consider this obvious example.
- Isn't Roy Blunt basically a good guy and a good Congressman?
- How would America's Founding Fathers answer this question? Read their words.
|Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
-- attributed to John Quincy Adams
- Will my one vote make a difference?
- About 200,000 people voted for Roy Blunt in the last election, well over twice the number who voted Democrat, and that landslide is not likely to change in 2008. Will your vote make a difference if you drop your vote into an ocean of votes for the same ol' story?
"Is it a SIN to vote for Roy Blunt?" Secularists will scoff at the very question. They would say the words "sin" and "vote" should not be in the same sentence: "Religion and politics should be kept separate! In America we have a 'separation of church and state!'"
Many who attend mainline churches have essentially the same attitude, dismissing the idea of "sin" as too "judgmental."
But if you believe the Bible is God's Word, you know that you can sin by voting for the wrong candidate.
|We're not drawing any silly anti-Republican parallel between Roy Blunt and Adolph Hitler. We're only trying to show that it can be a sin to vote the wrong way. Hitler and the Nazis were thugs. Roy Blunt seems to be a nice guy. But "nice" is not enough, as we'll see in a minute.
For example: if you were transported back in time to Germany, 1932, and had an opportunity to vote in the German election, would you vote for Adolph Hitler as Chancellor of Germany? Knowing what you know about Hitler, would you say it would be a SIN for you to vote for Hitler?
Surely you can see that in some cases it can be a sin to vote for the wrong candidate. Even if he claims to be "anti-communist" -- as Hitler did.
"Hindsight is 20-20," some might say. "The German people could never have known that the Nazis would be so terrible." Knowing what they knew about Hitler in 1932, was it a sin for them to vote for Hitler?
Yes. Hitler was the leader of the "National Socialist German Workers' Party," and Socialism is a SIN.
Did you know that Socialism is evil? If you're a Bible-believing Christian, you should know that socialism is immoral.
Socialism is a denial of private property. It is theft.
Socialism confiscates private property without the owners' consent. Socialism is systematic violence.
A vote for socialism in Congress is always a sin.
If you vote for a Congressman who votes for big, socialist government, you participate in his sin.
God has given you an opportunity to vote. It is both a freedom and a duty. Voting for a candidate who votes for socialism is a violation of the duty God has given you ...
... even if the socialist is the "lesser of two evils" who will "keep the communists out."
Jesus would not have voted for "the lesser of two evils." He would have steadfastly called them both to repentance.
You are not God. America is supposed to be a nation "under God." If we obey God we can have "a firm reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence." Your vote will not "save" America. Your job is to do the right thing and let God bless America. God will not bless you or America if you don't vote for the best candidate, but vote for an evil candidate simply to keep a more evil candidate from winning.
Mao Tse-Tung murdered ten times more people than Hitler did. Suppose Thomas Jefferson, Adolph Hitler, and Mao Tse-Tung are running for office. You know with absolute certainty that Jefferson is going to lose the election. Would you vote for Hitler just to keep Mao out of office? Then you sinned! You voted FOR a mass murderer. Will God really bless you for voting for Adolph Hitler?
Did the German people know that Socialism was a sin? One might think that if the Germans did not know that Socialism was a sin, they were off the hook, and didn't sin by voting for Hitler.
Or perhaps they knew that socialism was immoral, but weren't fully clear that Hitler advocated such an immoral policy.
All of these questions are relevant in 2008.
But none of them can get the Germans off the hook. They sinned by voting for a socialist.
It is the purpose of this website to prove to you that
Our incumbent Congressman supports immoral socialist legislation more often than he opposes it.
A vote to re-elect our incumbent Congressman is a vote for immoral socialist legislation.
There is an alternative candidate, one who promises never to vote for any immoral socialist legislation.
Every single person who signed the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution would vote for this alternative candidate if they could travel through time from 1776 to 2008.
You should follow their example.
You might think that if you don't read any further, you're safe. "Ignorance is bliss," you might tell yourself.
Ignorance is not an option for a Christian. America's Founding Fathers risked "our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor" in defense of "Liberty Under God." Surely you can risk ten or fifteen minutes to learn about the candidates for United States Congress you'll be voting for. It is a very important decision. Your vote can send a message.
|“And a servant who knows what the master wants, but isn’t prepared and doesn’t carry out those instructions, will be severely punished. But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.
Luke 12:47-48 (New Living Translation)
Our current Congressman was first elected to Congress in 1996. In that year, the Republican Party National Platform promised the following:
As a first step in reforming government, we support elimination of the Departments of Commerce, Housing and Urban Development, Education, and Energy, and the elimination, defunding or privatization of agencies which are obsolete, redundant, of limited value, or too regional in focus. Examples of agencies we seek to defund or to privatize are the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and the Legal Services Corporation.
The National Endowment for the Arts was notorious for its subsidizing of anti-Christian, pornographic “art,” including “art” which featured a figure of Jesus Christ submerged in a container of the "artist’s" urine. These programs mock the idea of "Liberty Under God," and undermine the very heart and soul of America. This is why Republicans promised to abolish this bureaucracy, and others that are just as unconstitutional and unChristian.
And yet, our incumbent Congressman has not only failed to abolish these unconstitutional agencies, he has consistently voted to INCREASE funding for these agencies. These unconstitutional agencies are now far more powerful than they were during the Clinton Administration.
Government growth is totally out of control.
Our Congressman is not just a passive spectator. He quickly rose to the position of Majority Whip, the third most powerful Republican in Congress, by making shrewd political connections with Tom Delay and "K Street." He is a leader, not just a follower, and along with other Republican Party leaders, has been leading America away from the principles of America's Founding Fathers, Ronald Reagan and Republican Party voters.
Virtually everything Republicans promised in the "Republican Revolution of 1994" has been un-done in the last 8 years. Republicans had control of the White House, both houses of Congress, and 7 out of 9 Supreme Court Justices have been appointed by Republicans. What has gone wrong? Why is the federal government more powerful and more atheistic? Why is the United States now one of the most socialist nations on earth?
"The Conservative Index," published by The New American magazine, rates the voting records of all Congressmen on issues which America's Founding Fathers would have deemed most significant -- issues which are most directly relevant to the principles of the Constitution. In the latest edition of the Conservative Index, our Congressman was rated as more socialistic than Bernie Sanders of Vermont, an openly avowed Socialist!
This is a staggering charge. Everyone who has ever met Roy Blunt knows him to be a courteous, well-mannered man, who would undoubtedly make a good neighbor. Adolph Hitler and the Nazis were authoritarian thugs who started fights with other parties in an attempt to disrupt the political process, to cause chaos, and thereby create an opportunity for them to seize power and violently impose Socialism on "the fatherland." Any attempt to draw a parallel between Hitler and Roy Blunt is ridiculous.
But Bernie Sanders is also a very nice man, never throws fists at Republicans or Democrats, and by all reports is a very nice neighbor.
And Bernie Sanders, Congressman and soon-to-be Senator from Vermont, calls himself a socialist.
If you live in Southwest Missouri, your representative in Congress has a voting record that is more socialist than Bernie Sanders, and obviously more socialist than Ronald Reagan and the Republican Platform of 1996. (In fact, most Republicans scored on the Socialist side of the spectrum in the latest Index. Given the staggering growth of government in the last 6 years, this is not surprising. Although all Congressmen must take an oath to "support the Constitution," very few take these words seriously. And few politicians take their Party Platform seriously, either.)
- On these important matters, more than 50% of the time our Congressman undercuts the principle upon which this country was built. If you vote to re-elect Roy Blunt, what message does your vote send?
|If you love the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the ideals of smaller government, lower taxes, and personal responsibility, you really have only one choice in November: The Libertarian Party candidate, Kevin Craig, whose campaign motto is, simply, "Liberty Under God."
Toward a Secular America
The more power and control the federal government has, the more atheistic America becomes. This is because the federal government has repudiated the duty all governments have to acknowledge a Higher Power. The federal government has committed itself to secularizing America. Every single person who signed the Constitution would repudiate the modern myth of "Separation of Church and State," because it really means "separation of God and Government," and the Framers of the Constitution believed that any government that will not acknowledge God is a government that thinks is IS God.
Roy Blunt knows how to give good campaign speeches before Christian audiences, but his voting record would shock and anger America's Christian Founding Fathers.
"I Don't Want to Waste My Vote."
It might appear that Kevin Craig has no chance of winning. Some people are always afraid they're "wasting my vote" if they don't vote for the winner. If you had to vote for either Adolph Hitler or Mother Theresa, and polls indicated that Hitler was going to win by a landslide, would you change your vote to Hitler? Of course, in this race no candidate is either as good or as bad as that.
Despite the incumbent's socialist voting record, many conservatives will think that a vote for the Libertarian candidate might result in a Democrat being elected. There is simply no way that the Democrat will win. In the 2004 election, 300,000 people voted, and 200,000 of them voted to re-elect the incumbent. That's called a "landslide." Even if tens of thousands of Republicans are disgusted that our Congressman contributed to homosexual Congressman and Congressional Page abuser Mark Foley's campaign, the Democrat still will not win. And unless there's an unprecedented wave of interest in this race, and tens of thousands of people get online to read about the issues, tens of thousands of people are not even going to know that they can cast a vote for smaller government, lower taxes, and "Liberty Under God" by voting for Kevin Craig.
If nobody reads this website, more than 200,000 people will vote to re-elect Roy Blunt on November 4. It's not even "a drop in the bucket." Voting for the incumbent is like taking your vote and dropping it into the ocean.
Your vote for Kevin Craig will send a message to the incumbent to pay attention to the Constitution, and cast votes which are consistent with the principle of Liberty Under God. A vote for Kevin Craig speaks louder and more clearly than a vote for the incumbent. You may not be able to vote for a "winner," but you can vote for a great principle. Which would America's Founding Fathers approve of?
What if the Democrat Actually Wins?
If enough people vote for Kevin Craig, the Libertarian candidate, and the Democrat candidate wins, this will be the most notable, widely-discussed Congressional race in the entire nation. If the Minority Whip, the second most-powerful Republican in Congress is unseated, that will be BIG NEWS. And the obvious news will be the fact that so many people (probably a lot of them Republicans) voted LIBERTARIAN. The election of the first Libertarian to Congress and the defeat of a powerful Republican will be far more important than the incidental, accidental fact that a Democrat got elected.
The Democrat will only serve two years before he faces the voters in 2010 -- hardly enough time to move into his office and get his family photos arranged on his desk. Then there will be another election. And this election will be very, very different. Kevin Craig will run again. The Republicans might actually try to run a less-socialist candidate. The Democrats will also run a less-socialist candidate. The Two Major Parties will have been put on notice that Missouri votes for Liberty Under God, not atheistic socialism.
If you vote for Roy Blunt, the Two Major Parties will get the message: Missouri doesn't care about "Liberty Under God." Missouri wants more Wall Street socialism, more one-world government, more out-of-control government spending. A vote for Roy Blunt sends the message that Missouri doesn't care that an atheistic government denies parents the right to teach their children that the Declaration of Independence is really true.
For Further Reading
How is "Sin" Defined?
The Westminster Catechism was known to all of America's Founding Fathers. Question 14 of the Shorter Catechism asks, "What is sin?" and answers: "Sin is any want [lack] of conformity unto, or transgression of, the law of God." Appended are these prooftexts:
1 John 3:4. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
James 4:17. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
Do we have a duty to God to vote a certain way? Does God hold us accountable for the way we vote? Here's how America's Founding Fathers answered that question.
[back to top]
The Incumbent's Voting Record
- On June 27, 2003, our present Congressman voted for an unconstitutional prescription drug benefit plan that will add nearly $4,000 to your tax bill. Click here for details.
- On July 16, 2003 and July 22, 2003, the incumbent voted for bills that expand the power of the atheistic United Nations and undercut American sovereignty. Click here for details.
- On April 30, 2003, our current Congressman voted for more federal control over your local schools. Click here for details. More federal control over your schools diminishes the chances of students in your neighborhood knowing how to read, knowing right from wrong, and knowing the values that made America the most admired nation on earth.
- On July 24, 2003, our Congressman took steps toward creating a Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) that would place America under the control of a regional government that is not bound "by the chains of the Constitution" (Thomas Jefferson)
- In fact, our current Congressmen has set in motion a plan to abolish the United States and merge the United States and Mexico into a new government. If you haven't heard about this, you need to click here.
You can see more examples of your current Congressman's voting record here, here, here, here, and here.
The Republican incumbent is a nice man, and a dangerous politician. He has a charming demeanor, and he is a threat to the nation America's Founding Fathers created in 1776 -- a nation that is being abolished before our eyes.
[back to top]
The Red-Flags that would Alarm America's Founding Fathers.
Here is a link to a webpage that discusses the standards by which America's Founding Fathers evaluated political candidates. As you read this glimpse into a nearly-forgotten age, keep in mind the following facts:
- The Republican Incumbent promised his wife (either implicitly or explicitly) that he would stay with her "till death do us part," only to leave her to marry a tobacco company lobbyist. Many voters don't care about this anymore, but America's Founders drew conclusions from the promises a man keeps or breaks, even in his "private" life.
- Because of this broken promise, the Republican Incumbent cannot become a deacon in his own church (Southern Baptist). Should he be a United States Congressman? What would Baptists who signed the Constitution say? It may be acceptable for "Joe Six-pack," but we expect more from leaders -- in both church and state.
- The Republican Incumbent contributed thousands of dollars to the campaign of a known homosexual, later revealed to be a sexual predator in the halls of Congress. How does this reflect on him as a judge of good character? Many other Republicans put re-election of Party members ahead of the interests of Congressional Pages and Americans in general.
- The Republican Incumbent is connected to one of the biggest political scandals in American history, involving Jack Abramoff. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) has called Rep. Blunt "One of the Most Unethical Members of Congress" This is a doubtful claim. This kind of corruption is the bread and butter of nearly every Congressman in Washington.
- America's Founding Fathers were concerned not just with taking bribes, but giving them. Nearly every Congressman in Washington stays in power by bribing voters: welfare for rich and poor, subsidies, grants, entitlements, benefits: over Two Trillion Dollars' Worth. America's Founding Fathers would be staggered, appalled, angered, outraged. "We the People" did not delegate such power to the federal government in our Constitution.
Click here to read the words of America's Founding Fathers -- essential reading for Christians who want to vote in a way that pleases God.